Resident LHA Board Member Training
Thursday, March 2
10am – 4pm
Norwood Housing Authority
10 Brookview Circle, Norwood, MA
Space is limited! Register now to save your spot
Lunch, light breakfast and coffee provided
This free training is being offered by a group of organizations including the Mass Union of Public Housing Tenants, DHCD, MassNAHRO, and the Mel King Institute. It is open to Residents of Public Housing who serve on their LHA’s Board of Commissioners. (In the future, we will offer other trainings open to all Public Housing Residents.) In the training, Resident Board Members will:
- Learn about the role of the Board Member – what it is, and what it is not
- Practice handling challenging situations
- Meet other Resident Board Members from around the state
- Discuss experiences and share stories
- Receive a free handbook including key resources and references
- Build confidence to perform Board Member duties and contribute to a thriving Housing Authority
This training will be Day 1 of a two-day series. Day 2 will be held on April 4 at the same location, and will focus on technical skills such as understanding an LHA budget.
Please call 617.379.5984 if you have any questions or have trouble registering.