For the fourth year in a row, MACDC's Board of Directors met with Governor Charlie Baker as part of our annual Lobby Day. MACDC Board Chair, Vanessa Calderon Rosado thanked the Governor for his support of key MACDC priorities including the Housing Bond Bill, the Community Investment Tax Credit and the Small Business Technical Assistance program. A number of board members then sh
At Our Core
MACDC is an association of mission-driven community development organizations dedicated to creating places of opportunity where ALL people can live with dignity while participating in and benefiting from our Commonwealth's economy.
Learn more about:
Since 2003, MACDC and our members have collaborated on a collective effort to revitalize and stabilize communities across the state. The MACDC GOALs Initiative - Growing Opportunities, Assets, and Leaders across the Commonwealth - measures our field's annual progress in helping lead the revitalization of neighborhoods and communities across Massachusetts. Each year, we conduct a detailed on-line survey of our members to learn precisely what they have accomplished.
In 2017, MACDC is highlighting the success state-certified CDCs in Massachusetts achieved, including the following results:
- Engaged 2,124 community resident leaders to guide and shape our efforts in local neighborhoods and communities;
- Built or preserved 1,990 homes;
- Created or preserved 5,086 job opportunities;
- Helped 858 entrepreneurs start, grow or stabilize their businesses;
- Provided economic and educational opportunities to 79,218 families with housing, jobs, training, or other services; and
- Attracted $803.8 Million in private and public investments for community revitalization.
By any objective measure, MACDC’s 2018 Lobby Day was a tremendous success. On April 24, more than 150 community development practitioners and patrons filled the MA State House, with passion and vigor, both to thank the Governor and legislators who have supported important community economic development priorities this past year and to urge decisive
On Tuesday, April 24th, Senate President Harriette Chandler spoke at MACDC's 2018 Lobby Day. Her powerful remarks addressed the affordable housing crisis, how we must do more to address this challenge, and how zoning statutues need to be revisited.
No front page content has been created yet.