The Massachusetts Senate is nearing the end of its week-long debate on its $41.4 billion budget, and, on balance, it has been a strong week for CDCs and our partners that serve small businesses and bring economic and housing opportunities to underserved families in communities across the Commonwealth. Before jumping into the budget thicket, I’m excited to report that – during
At Our Core
MACDC is an association of mission-driven community development organizations dedicated to creating places of opportunity where ALL people can live with dignity while participating in and benefiting from our Commonwealth's economy.
Learn more about:
SAVE THE DATE: MACDC Convention with Gubernatorial Forum!
Join us on Saturday, October 20th at the Hynes Convention Center for an incredible day!
Look forward to:
- Gubernatorial Forum;
- Stories from community leaders;
- Engaging learning sessions.
In 2017, MACDC is highlighting the success state-certified CDCs in Massachusetts achieved, including the following results:
- Engaged 2,124 community resident leaders to guide and shape our efforts in local neighborhoods and communities;
- Built or preserved 1,990 homes;
- Created or preserved 5,086 job opportunities;
- Helped 858 entrepreneurs start, grow or stabilize their businesses;
- Provided economic and educational opportunities to 79,218 families with housing, jobs, training, or other services; and
- Attracted $803.8 Million in private and public investments for community revitalization.
For the fourth year in a row, MACDC's Board of Directors met with Governor Charlie Baker as part of our annual Lobby Day. MACDC Board Chair, Vanessa Calderon Rosado thanked the Governor for his support of key MACDC priorities including the Housing Bond Bill, the Community Investment Tax Credit and the Small Business Technical Assistance program. A number of board members then sh
By any objective measure, MACDC’s 2018 Lobby Day was a tremendous success. On April 24, more than 150 community development practitioners and patrons filled the MA State House, with passion and vigor, both to thank the Governor and legislators who have supported important community economic development priorities this past year and to urge decisive
No front page content has been created yet.